HIROC is looking for amazing stories and passionate people to help spread the word on how human factors / ergonomics has had an impact on patient safety.
It’s easy to enter the competition. Winners will receive registration to the 2021 IEA (International Ergonomics Association) Congress, plus the opportunity to share your success story at one of the congress sessions! Next year’s IEA Congress will take place in Vancouver from June 13-18, 2021.
The competition is being spearheaded by a number of key patient safety partners, including:
- Health Quality Council of Alberta (HQCA)
- Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC)
- International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua)
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Interactive Media Lab (IML), University of Toronto
Here’s how it works:
- Grab your phone and record yourself sharing the patient safety problem, how it was solved, and don’t forget to tell us who it helped. (three mins max)
- In 400 words or less, share a title for your talk, and a brief description on the patient safety problem and how it was solved using Human Factors Engineering (HFE) methodologies. If possible, share the outcome.
- Submit the video and written summary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition closes on Friday, October 30 at 6 PM EST.
- The jury will review all submissions and select five winners.
- Winners will receive a full registration to the 2021 IEA Congress in Vancouver. They will also receive an award and will be featured in a special session that will see each winner share their story in a 10-minute talk.
Our hope is that delegates hear your success and take that and scale it at their organizations.
Have questions? Email email@example.com or go to https://www.hiroc.com/news/lets-talk-patient-safety.
Winners will receive one free registration to the IEA congress. Travel, accommodation, and meals are not included in registration. Winners must be able to cover these expenses on their own.
*ExponentEHF, LLC is providing this information as a service and is not responsible for or associated with submission or winner selection.
#exponentehf #ergonomics #humanfactors #IEA2021