Having an ergonomics program, or minimally a Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) injury prevention plan, in place at your company may be required by law in your jurisdiction. Aside from potential legal requirements, an effective ergonomics program improves job design and fit to the workforce. Benefits from good job design can include:
- Reduced risk of employee injury
- Reduced risk of employee turnover and associated recruiting/hiring costs
- Reduced insurance costs
- Reduced product purchasing costs
- Alignment with EEOC and ADAAA and protection from claims in these areas
- Happier and more productive employees!
Forward thinking organizations are ensuring an effective ergonomics program is in place to achieve more efficient operations.